St Mary Parish of Milford, CT

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Are you LinkedIn? Part 1

Greetings!

A few years ago, I was reading an article about job hunting. It said the first thing a job hunter should do is to get a LinkedIn account and set-up a profile. 

At the time I didn't know what LinkedIn was all about. I do now. It is about networking. I've read that 80% of a job search should concentrate on working your network.

A good friend of mine who is heavily involved in helping people with job searches told me that your LinkedIn page is your job hunting website. 

The first step is to create your profile. Creating your profile is obviously important because people need to know who you are, what you do and what you want to do.

Then start linking in with almost anyone you know. Family, acquaintances, co-workers, former co-workers, friends of friends, are all good contacts. 

I'll discuss more in the next post. Stay tuned.

If you are not already on LinkedIn, please consider it.

Here is the link:  Click to go to LinkedIn

Thanks for visiting,
Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment